- Careers In Food System Change: Where Should You Start?
- What “Big Ideas” In Food Get Funded In Silicon Valley?
- Pantry Labs and the Promise of Smart Refrigerators – Takeaways from the Mixing Bowl Food IT Conference
- Upcoming GSB FARM Club event: Jamie Johnson and the Inner Workings of the Avocado Industry
- 500 Startups Agriculture Behavior Change Bolthouse Farms Buyer's Best Friend Cater2.me Childhood Obesity CircleUp COBA Consumer research Culture Kitchen d.school Design Development Eating Eco Top Chef Edible Education Entomophagy ES180B Event Event recap Farms Fast food Final project food Food careers Food day Food hardware Food investors Food waste ForageSF Good Eggs GSB FARM HBO Health healthy food Incubator In the news Kickstarter Kitchit La Cocina Lemnos Labs Local Dirt Local Food Lab LolaBee's Love With Food Making food Malnutrition Marion Nestle Marketing Medicine Meetup Microbiome Mixing Bowl Nutrition Obesity epidemic Online groceries Packaging Plated Restaurants School lunch Silicon Valley Slow Food Smart kitchen Stanford Start-up profile Superfoods Tea Teens Turning Green Todd Putman venture capital Vignette Webvan Weekly digest Weight of the Nation
- Mighty Wild: Bringing the Acorn to Your Pantry wp.me/p1F0iE-bJ 2 years ago
- Love with Food and the Disruption of Focus Groups – Takeaways from the Mixing Bowl Food IT Conference (continued) wp.me/p1F0iE-br 2 years ago
- Pantry Labs and the Promise of Smart Refrigerators – Takeaways from the Mixing Bowl Food IT Conference wp.me/p1F0iE-bf 2 years ago
Monthly Archives: July 2011
I’ve already mentioned Savored on this site but, given I’m still getting a hang of the blogging world, I thought it merited a second entry as a full-blown profile. This is the type of write-up I have in mind for … Continue reading
From the past week, hope you enjoy! Huge news from the White House on mass retailers committing to open 1500 new stores in food deserts: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/21/1500-stores-fresh-produce_n_905447.html EWG’s Meat Eater’s Guide to Climate Change and Health = AWESOME: http://breakingnews.ewg.org/meateatersguide/eat-smart/ A compelling … Continue reading
From the past week: Annual report on obesity, “there’s no sunshine here.” http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2011/07/08/12-unfathomable-obesity-stats-make-you-want-to-cry/ Go Mass! Strictest public school nutrition standards in the country. Now time for the USDA to follow… http://www.boston.com/Boston/whitecoatnotes/2011/07/health-panel-approves-new-nutrition-rules-for-mass-public-schools/Yfc3tbg44jZGIKZ57eytzL/index.html?p1=News_links Garden on the Go initiative demonstrates the potential role … Continue reading
Enjoy three new profiles from TechCrunch and Fast Company. Love the increasing attention this space is getting: ZeroCater: TechCrunch talks about how Y Combinator-backed ZeroCater is taking the headache out of employee lunches: http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/06/zerocater-because-lunch-at-the-office-doesnt-have-to-be-a-complete-pain/ Gojee: TechCrunch also covered Gojee last … Continue reading
Covering the past two weeks, enjoy: GREAT Techcrunch overview of the trends in food startups. Love the increasing attention being paid to this space, and the GoGrubly/Kitchit shoutouts! http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/04/the-way-we-eat/ Visual overview of the food movement: problems and solutions. WELL done. … Continue reading