Back from my wedding and honeymoon and excited to kick off a new school year! Here are some of my favorite recent food articles and blog posts. Enjoy.
- Junk food isn’t really as cheap as it seems…. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/opinion/sunday/is-junk-food-really-cheaper.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all
- The social cost of the tomato industry = farmworker enslavement and deformities in workers’ children… http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2011/09/08/140289240/shining-a-light-on-the-hidden-hardships-of-tomato-pickers
- Ali Partovi shares what everyone can do to make organic sustainable food more affordable: http://www.foodandtechconnect.com/site/2011/09/19/ali-partovi-on-hacking-the-food-system-focus-on-the-supply-chain/
- The debate over Growing Power taking $1M from Walmart: http://www.grist.org/food/2011-09-19-walmart-spends-a-little-gains-a-lot
- What’s in your milk: http://www.grist.org/scary-food/2011-09-12-not-your-grandmas-milk
- Food perks at startups – awesome fresh food brings the team together for a daily meal: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/startup-food-091211?click=pp
- High levels of BPA in canned soup: http://www.inhabitots.com/high-levels-of-bpa-found-in-campbells-and-other-canned-kids-foods/