Recent favorites. I absolutely LOVE the first item, a blog post from Tipsy Turnip. Worth reading.
- Awesome recap of a year eating organic at under $6 per day http://tipsyturnip.blogspot.com/2011/10/end-reflections-on-eating-fresh-local.html
- Is your Halloween candy is keeping the child slave trade in Africa alive? Now that’s really scary… http://www.grist.org/food/2011-10-25-scare-trade
- GREAT interview with Will Rosenzweig from Physic Ventures on investing in the intersection of food, health and technology http://www.foodandtechconnect.com/site/2011/10/18/investment-strategy-william-rosenzweigs-plans-for-food-health-tech/
- I’m a bit behind on this one but think Stockbox Grocers sounds pretty awesome: selling fresh food from re-purposed shipping containers in food desert communities http://www.fastcompany.com/1781395/seattle-start-up-fills-food-voids-with-well-appointed-shipping-containers
- Health-washing junk food seems to be paying off in increased sales growth and profits http://blog.fooducate.com/2011/10/18/companies-that-healthify-their-products-make-more-money/
- Read what these college campuses did for Food Day http://realfoodchallenge.org/blog/we-did-it-over-225-college-events-nationwide-food-day-2011