- Careers In Food System Change: Where Should You Start?
- What “Big Ideas” In Food Get Funded In Silicon Valley?
- Pantry Labs and the Promise of Smart Refrigerators – Takeaways from the Mixing Bowl Food IT Conference
- Upcoming GSB FARM Club event: Jamie Johnson and the Inner Workings of the Avocado Industry
- 500 Startups Agriculture Behavior Change Bolthouse Farms Buyer's Best Friend Cater2.me Childhood Obesity CircleUp COBA Consumer research Culture Kitchen d.school Design Development Eating Eco Top Chef Edible Education Entomophagy ES180B Event Event recap Farms Fast food Final project food Food careers Food day Food hardware Food investors Food waste ForageSF Good Eggs GSB FARM HBO Health healthy food Incubator In the news Kickstarter Kitchit La Cocina Lemnos Labs Local Dirt Local Food Lab LolaBee's Love With Food Making food Malnutrition Marion Nestle Marketing Medicine Meetup Microbiome Mixing Bowl Nutrition Obesity epidemic Online groceries Packaging Plated Restaurants School lunch Silicon Valley Slow Food Smart kitchen Stanford Start-up profile Superfoods Tea Teens Turning Green Todd Putman venture capital Vignette Webvan Weekly digest Weight of the Nation
- Mighty Wild: Bringing the Acorn to Your Pantry wp.me/p1F0iE-bJ 2 years ago
- Love with Food and the Disruption of Focus Groups – Takeaways from the Mixing Bowl Food IT Conference (continued) wp.me/p1F0iE-br 2 years ago
- Pantry Labs and the Promise of Smart Refrigerators – Takeaways from the Mixing Bowl Food IT Conference wp.me/p1F0iE-bf 2 years ago
Tag Archives: Making food
Special guest post by Mary Lemmer It was almost two years ago when I stood staring at my backyard in frustration. The almost 3,000 square foot space had previously hosted several outdoor parties, bringing together hundreds of people over great … Continue reading
2015. It’s hard to believe we’ve marked fifteen years in the new millennium. “2015” feels like that emblematic far-off year in a fantastical ‘80s movie. In that version of now, cars flew (or drove themselves?), eyeglasses displayed our email (oh … Continue reading
Over the years, I’ve been intrigued and excited by food startups that introduce consumers to a unique ingredient through a tried-and-true form factor. Great examples are Exo’s cricket flour bar and Kuli Kuli’s moringa bar. Last week, I sat down … Continue reading
The tea industry has been pulling the wool over consumers’ eyes. Unbeknownst to most drinkers, many of whom are choosing to drink tea for healing and soothing benefits, teas can be packed with pesticides, toxins, added flavors, and GMO ingredients. … Continue reading
On January 29, 2014, I was privileged to view a screening of Donal O’Neill’s new hour-long documentary, “Cereal Killers.” The Kickstarter-backed film follows O’Neill (producer and protagonist) through Cape Town as he embarks on a medically-supervised departure from the routine … Continue reading
Nutrition bar startup Kuli Kuli has been on quite the ride over the past six months: launching on indiegogo in May, raising over $50K via the campaign, enlisting a co-manufacturer and perfecting the product, shipping over 9,000 bars to over … Continue reading
Rip van Wafels unveiled a brand-new website this month (featuring awesome infographics) detailing the unique, ritual consumption of its product. Beyond creating a deliciously authentic Dutch-inspired stroopwafel (two thin layers of wafel surrounding a caramel filling), is determined to redefine … Continue reading